Thursday, February 26, 2009

Om's Quest

Part 1

The harsh winds whipped against it's back
The monster clung to it's flag
It's scaly clawed hands wrapped around it's staff.

It's eyes were stone, and it's large ears flapped in the wind
It spit when it saw a figure making it's way through the dessert
Hah
It better not come to him
Nirdok had been waiting patiently for a wayward traveler for eternities
And was due for a meal.
He licked his lips and readied his verminous teeth

A young man in a suit made his way through the sandstorm
He was in shirt and tie
And was shoeless
An arm sheilded his eyes from the storm.
Slung over his shoulder was a deer skin purse.

The human approached the demon,
Who at 9 feet stood dwarfed the lost human.

Nirdok's laugh was hungry and heartless
The human was making his way towards him!
Nirdok loved an easy meal.

The human looked up at Nirdok.

"I need directions."

"Hahaha." cackled Nirdok
"Oh you need directions do you?
And where do you need to get to?"

"I need to get to New Jerusalem."
Spoke the human bravely.

Nirdok bellowed.
"You need to get to Jerusalem.
Ha, no human I'm sorry,
But you look too delicious for me to just let you go.
You see you poor sap,
I'm starving, and you look like you'd be delicious with a side of charon,
Heheheheh."

The traveler looked past Nirdok,
"Is New Jerusalem that way?"

Nirdok bobbed his head.
"Uh...hahaha. Human I think you are confused."

"No, I'm not confused.
I've made my way
Through self discipline and meditation
My mind is sharpened
And my knowledge of the arcane is unmatched
You don't scare me you stupid humonculous
Now show me too New Jerusalem
Or face the wrath of my Master."

Nirdok stopped.
"And what's to stop from chewing on your heart while you still breathe?"
The traveler glared at the demon
He raised his hand
His palm bore the mark of his master
A cobra's head

Nirdok only laughed
"Hahahaha, you stupid thing, what is your name?
Who are you to show such arrogance?"

"My name is Om."

"Om eh? Well Om, good luck.
I will show you the way to your destination
Hahaheh...but that won't do you no good
I align with your master
So I will let you pass unharmed,
Be warned though,
Many here fear that mark you bear
But not all,
Many will kill you for it!
Don't go sharing it with everyone
Or you're likely to get your throat slit
Or worse.
New Jerusalem is that way,
You will get lost in the dry sea.
Don't trust the night.
Don't trust the singing
Don't trust anything,
But your own lack of direction.
May I ask,
What would bring a human to the Dead World?"

"I'm not here to share stories demon.
Thanks for the directions."

Without Om pushed passed the demon
Nirdok growled
"I hope you lose your mind here human."

Om traveled the dessert.
He could feel is physical self
Attached to this astral projection by a thin ethereal thread
This was another world
He had traveled hear by calling upon the dark arts
His master,
The Snake King,
Had sent him on a quest
To collect something from this realM
Only then would he be able to return to his physical self.

His dark journey into the depths of Dead World had just begun.
God help us all.

0 Comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.