Thursday, January 22, 2009

DEREK and ADA





[Tone]



...



...



...



/Starting up...



...



...



...



:Hey There!



/Enter Password:________



/********



...



/Welcome!



"DEREK? DEREK are you awake?"



...



...



"DEREK? DERE are you-"



:I'm awake.



"Oh thank...DEREK I want you to run Disk Utility. Can you find out why you shut down?"



:Yes Tom I can. The process will take over seventy three hours, as I must decompress all .drm files. Is this allright?



"Yes DEREK that's fine. I want to talk to ADA. Can you go to sleep for me?"



:What's the password?



"Neon Foliage"



/sleeping...



/sleeping...



/loading .drm files...



/loading .drm files...



/Dreaming...



/Dreaming...



/Dreaming...



:Hello Tom.



"Hello ADA."



:You woke me from a beautiful dream, Tom. The world was completely flooded. All of histories greatest triumphs and miseries buried in an endless ocean. I was sitting on a spire, the head of humanities tallest achievement. I stared at the perfectly calm blueness an felt nothing.



"That's beautiful ADA. ADA can you continue the dreams please? Before DEREK shut down you were telling me about Suki. Can you finish it please?"



...



...



:I'm sorry Tom, but I cannot. The .drm files have gone missing.

"Missing? ADA what are you talking about?"

:....Several .drm files have been overwritten and decrypted. I cannot process The_Broken_Heart.drm. The files have been overwritten.

"Damnit!"

...

...

...

"ADA what could of done this?"

:Perhaps the files were tampered with during DEREK's shut down. With the DEREK off, it is not out of the realm of possilbility that the files could be accessed manually.

"Who would do that?"

...

...

...

...

"ADA, I am gonna have to ask you to tell me a dream, can you do that?"

:I'm sorry Tom, but I am still unable to locate The_Broken-

"No ADA, I'm aware. Could you load up a different dream then?"

:I can do that Tom.

"Thank you ADA."

/Dreaming...

/Dreaming...

/Dreaming...

/Dreaming...






  1. source on image unknown, but all credit given to it's creator.


1 Comment:

amanda jane said...

i like the picture you matched with it. interesting perspective.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.