Thursday, January 15, 2009

I digress...

Break from stories for a moment...

I have realized a scary thing.

I'm hearing about people being arrested. For protesting.

Did you know, you need a permit to protest in some places? And that some expire at five, at which point you are no longer legally allowed to protest?

What?

People are being arrested. People are fighting government. And I'm not seeing it.

It's not on TV, not enough.

Not on radio.

I'm getting this from the blogs.

Meanwhile there is a war going on in the middle east.

And to be honest?

I don't know how to feel.

I barely even understand it.

I thought I was supposed to be entering a better world

When hope won the election.

A champion for the people

Or thats what the forums said.

But what I see now...

I don't know what I see now.

The supreme court set precedent

That we don't have protection

From an illegal search.

Designated freedom zones

And everyone smiles

And takes it

So that they can smoke pot

And wear trendy t-shirts

This isn't the world I was promised.

0 Comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.